Skip to main content

Traffic Jam

   
        So I was sitting in traffic today and I was the happiest I could ever be. Now I know I know, traffic isn't the greatest gift to mankind. The science of traffic continues to amaze me as to how and why it takes so long to get from point A to point B in 45 minutes when on a good day, it would usually take 5 minutes. Traffic felt a little different today though. Sure I had somewhere to be and yes I was stuck in the dead center of it, but I was content. I had my Snarky Puppy going, Vitamin water in the cup-holder. Couldn't complain! While being stuck in the middle of traffic and being the happiest black man in the world I thought to myself, "Why am I so happy in the middle of this traffic jam?" The answer was found in my focus.
      Now usually when I get caught up in the 5 o'clock rush I'm always looking around trying to see where I can make my next move. I'm usually trying to see if I can get ahead of other cars, scoping out the quickest route through the annoyance of an obstacle I have ahead of me. I found out that I'm usually irritated, angry, aggressive, and apathetic to even making it to my destination. Although it's never that deep I tend to make it that way. But today was a different type of focus and that focus was the lane right in front of me. I noticed that when I focused on what was in front of me, I was able to make it to my destination without the irritation and annoyance of the drivers around me. I noticed that even in the middle of a standstill, I had nothing to worry about. One way or another I was going to make it to my final destination (pun extremely intended). You know where I'm going with this story so get your encouragement/motivational induced ears ready because we're about to get inspired.
      The journey of life can be stressful. I get it. It can be very annoying, extremely irritating and it can make you feel like there's no point in aiming to achieve anything sometimes. But I want to encourage you not to focus on the lanes of other people's lives. Focus on the lane right in front of you. Focus on the lane that God has specifically designed for you. It is His will that you prosper and grow! The traffic or should I say "traffics" of life are often times unexpected. They knock us off our feet sometimes. They cause us to look at the lives of other people. They cause us to ask questions like "Why am I not ahead?" or "Why have I been stuck in this same spot for the past 15 minutes?" And I get it, because it's not the 15 minutes of a traffic jam. It's the 15 days of being sick and almost bedridden. It's the 15 months of being unemployed. It's the 15 years of being depressed, suicidal, lonely....broken. But don't give up Man of God. Don't give in Woman of Virtue. God has begun a good work in you. And He will bring it to completion because He's more interested in the present condition of your heart than He is of your final destination....
Philippians 1:6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Corona Virus Tagged Our World With Our Feet Off Base

It's like a tough game when we try to play fair We didn't know that this fearful crisis was ever so near  It came in with a sudden blast, we had no clue  But no one really knew what to do It struck like lightning way up in the sky and shook the world with people from far and nigh It clapped like thunder, what a massive sound It twisted the world like a spinning wheel going round and round We are unable to determine when this invisible virus will no longer be around  Morning, noon and midnight lurching down on us without a sound It didn't come like snowflakes that quickly melted away It didn't come through the night and vanished by the break of day But it came almost as quick as the bat of an eye as swift as a rainbow moves in the sky As we continue with this challenge not knowing the outcome We are grateful and appreciative of what others have done We can stand and rest assure that GOD is bigger than any virus we know And he wil

Who Are You?

If God said it, believe it. Everyone walks through life looking for their identity. Looking for meaning and purpose. Often times we look in the wrong places. It can be any noun under the sun; people, places and things. But true identity can be found in the security of God. God says that you're His son. God says that you're His daughter. So if God says these things, why not believe it? The problem is that we are listening to the world. We're listening to the media. We're listening to the opinions of other people. We're listening to rejection. We're listening to the lies of the enemy. But what about that still small voice that speaks to us all of the time? That still small voice that doesn't lie to you but instead constantly reminds you that you are His. That still small voice that shows patience. That still small voice that waits for you and welcomes you back with open arms. That still small voice that affirms you as His own. This still small voice made

Gifted

You were gifted with a gift.  You were created with a passion Designed for a purpose, not for form or fashion. You were gifted with a gift Bigger than your mistakes It waits in eager anticipation Your purpose never waits. You were gifted with a gift The time is now The world needs your story But the question is how? You were gifted with a gift Yet the gift may be hidden It seems nonexistent  Almost bed ridden. You were gifted with a gift It's time to bring it to life It may seem irrelevant But someone needs your light. You were gifted with a gift Your life He did save Your sins washed away Your purpose doth made. I know you've been slept on It was all for a reason But hear me when I say Tomorrow is your season. So for today fear not For growth takes time For now, use what you got In His Will, you'll be just fine.